Data Protection Declaration for company website
1. Name and contact details for the person responsible for processing and the company data protection officer. This data protection information applies for data processing by:
Karsten C. Witt
PO Box 2262
Tel: +49 4101 7007-0
Data protection officer:
Tel: +49 4142 8116940
2. Collection and storage of personal data and type and purpose of their use
a) Visiting the website
By calling-up our website www.wittfan.de information is automatically sent by your browser to our website server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called logfile. The following information is collected without any action on your part and stored until it is automatically deleted:
• IP address of the querying computer,
• time and date of access,
• name and URL of the file retrieved,
• website from which access occurs (referrer URL),
• browser used and where applicable the operating system and the name of your access provider.
The aforementioned data are processed by us for the following purposes:
• ensuring a smooth connection with the website,
• ensuring comfortable use of our website,
• analysis of the system security and stability and
• for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our justified interest follows from the listed purposes for collecting data. In no way do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions regarding your person.
b) When using our contact form
By questions of all kinds we provide you with the opportunity to contact us via a form on the website. Hereby the provision of a valid email address is required, so that we know from whom the query comes and in order to answer it. Further information can be voluntarily provided.
Data processing for the purpose of making contact is in accordance with Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily provided consent.
The personal data collected by us through use of the contract form shall be automatically deleted after completion of the query you have sent.
3. Forwarding of data
A forwarding of your personal data to third parties other than for the purposes listed below will not occur.
We only forward your personal data to a third party when:
- you have issued express consent as per Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the forwarding is required as Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims and there are no grounds for the assumption that you have a predominant protected interest in the non-forwarding of your data,
- for the case that for the forwarding of data as per Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. c GDPR there is a statutory duty, and
- this is legally permitted and as per Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR is required to process contract relationships with you.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can however configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. The full deactivation of cookies can lead to you not being able to use all functions on our website.
5. Tools and others
a) Tracking tools
The following listed tracking measures that we use are performed as per Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures used we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continual optimisation of our website. We also use tracking measures in order to statistically record website traffic and to analyse these data for the purpose of optimisation. These interests are to be viewed as justified as per the aforementioned provision. The respective data processing purposes and data categories are to be taken from the corresponding tracking tools.
b) Google Analytics (1)
For the purpose of needs-based design and continual optimisation of our website we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this conjunction pseudonymised use profiles are created and cookies (see no. 4) are used. The information created by the cookies on your use of this website such as
• browser type / version,
• operating system used,
• referrer URL (page visited before),
• hostname of the accessing computer (IP address),
• time of the server query,
is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to analyse use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to perform services connected to the use of the website and internet for the purpose of market research and need-based design of this website. This information may where applicable be forwarded to a third party, insofar as this is legally stipulated or contracted third parties process these data. In no way will your IP address be linked to other Google data. IP addresses are anonymised so that allocation is not possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies through a corresponding setting in your browser software; we advise however that in this case not all functions of this website can be fully used.
In addition, you can prevent the collection of data created by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
Alternative to the browser add-on, in particular in mobile end-device browsers you can also prevent collection by Google Analytics, by clicking on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. An opt-out cookie is created that in the future prevents the collection of data upon visiting this website. The opt-out cookie only applies for this browser and only for our website and is stored on your end-device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must reset the opt-out cookie.
Further information to data protection in conjunction with Google Analytics can be found in Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
c) Google reCAPTCHA
On this website we use the reCAPTCHA function of Google. This function is used to distinguish whether an input is made by a natural person or abusively by machine and automated processing. The service includes the sending of the IP address and possibly other data required by Google for the reCAPTCHA service to Google and is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO on the basis of our legitimate interest in establishing individual responsibility on the Internet and avoiding abuse and spam. The use of Google reCAPTCHA may also involve the transmission of personal data to Google's servers.
6. Social media plug-ins
We do not use any social media plug-ins on our site.
7. Rights as an affected person
You have the right:
- as per Art. 15 GDPR to request information on your personal data processed by us. In particular you can request information about the processing purpose, the categories of recipients to whom your data are disclosed, the planned storage time, the assertion of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the origin of your data if these were not collected by us, as well as about the existence of an automatic decision including profiling and where applicable relevant information to the details;
- as per Art. 16 GDPR to request the immediate correction of incorrect or incomplete data stored by us;
- as per Art. 17 GDPR the deletion of your personal data stored by us, insofar as the processing is not required to exercise the right to free speech and information, to fulfil a legal duty, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims;
- as per Art. 18 GDPR to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of these data is disputed by you, the processing is illegal, however you refuse deletions and wen no longer require the data, however you require these to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims or you have objected to processing as per Art. 21 GDPR;
- as per Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data that you have provided in a structured, customary and readable format or to request transmission to another responsible person;
- as per Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR to revoke your consent at any time. This has the result that we can in the future no longer process the data for which consent was issued and
- as per Art. 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory body of your customary domicile or workplace or our company premises.
8. Right to object
Insofar as your personal data are processed on the grounds of justified interests as per Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right as per Art. 21 GDPR to issue an objection against the processing of your personal data insofar as there are reasons arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case you have a general right to object, without the provision of a special situation that will be implemented by us.
If you wish to exercise your revocation or objection rights, an email to email@example.com is sufficient.
9. Data security
Within the website visit we use SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the respectively highest encryption level that is supported by your browser. As a rule, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support a 256-bit encryption, we instead use 128-bit v3 technology. Whether an individual page of our website is transmitted encrypted can be seen in the illustration of a closed padlock symbol in the lower status tab of your browser.
We otherwise use suitable technological and organisational security measures in order to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or full loss, destruction or against unauthorised third-party access. Our security measures are continually improved according to technical developments.
10. Currentness and amendment to this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and is the version from May 2018. Through the further development of our website and offers or on the grounds of amended statutory or official regulations it may be necessary to amend this data protection declaration. The relevant data protection declaration can be viewed and printed out at any time from the website at http://www.wittfan.de/de/datenschutzerklaerung
Within the website visit we use SSL procedure (Secutr Socket Layer) in conjunction with the respectively highest.
(1) Footnote to 5.b (Google Analytics):
Data protection authorities require for the admissible use of Google Analytics the conclusion of a data processing order agreement. A corresponding template is offered by Google at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.pdf.